Linksys Velop has burst onto the scene and taken every company by surprise. Nobody was expecting a unique routing device, which lets users’ access internet in a large premise without changing the network, but then, Linksys Velop happened. If you too have been fascinated with the features of Linksys Velop setup and bought the device, then you have no idea how this device is going to change the way you access the internet. If you have bought a pack of three Velop nodes, then you can expect seamless internet in your building.
You can buy and connect more than three nodes as well, but then, those will not remain on a single network. But, if you are fine with creating more than one network, then you can buy more nodes. Apart from Linksys Velop nodes, you will need an Ethernet port on your modem or router. Besides that, you need to get the Linksys app, which you can get free from Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Setting up Linksys Velop
- To begin with, plug in one of the Velop nodes.
- After that, connect power and network cables to turn on the node. The blue color will glow on the node.
- The node is going to boot now and when it does, install Linksys app on your mobile device.
- After installing the app, launch it.
- Once you are in the ‘dashboard’ of the app, tap ‘Launch Setup’ button in order to allow the app to search for its first node.
- A purple light will glow on the node, which will indicate that the app has located the Velop.
- Tap ‘Next’ and you’ll be prompted to create an account to associate with your mesh network.
- On the next screen, you will have to create a name for your wireless network and a password.
- Give your node a name, which should be based on the location of the node. If the default option doesn’t fit, tap ‘Name it something else’ and enter a unique name.
- That concludes the setting up process of Velop. Tap ‘Next’ where you will find two options, i.e., ‘add another node’ or ‘finish the setup process’.
Add Another Node
If you want to add another node, then you just need to plug it into a power outlet, then tap ‘another node’ on the Linksys Velop app and walk through the steps that appear on the app. This time around, the device will do all the work and your duty is to let the app know when the purple light appears. When the light is purple, give your node a name. The primary Velop node transfers configuration to other nodes and the entire process takes around 15 minutes to complete.
In case, there is any problem while setting up Linksys Velop, then you can consult Linksys Velop support to get you on the right track in terms of the device setup.