Linksys Velop setup is a smart Wi-Fi system with Built-in Tri-band feature. It is basically designed to deliver fast speed internet access to the devices. There is voice assistant ‘Alexa’ available in the Velop system that lets you control it through voice. Linksys Velop surpasses its competitors by offering Tri-band technology in smart Wi-Fi system. Apart from this, there are many amazing features like smart parental controls, speed test, prioritization of devices and guest access available on this mesh Wi-Fi system.
Linksys Velop setup is quite easy as you will find the setup guide available inside the packing or can be opened through the official website. You can even control or manage the Wi-Fi system with the help of Velop app which can be installed on any OS version of your smartphone. This app is available on android as well as on iOS app stores and is free for downloading. Enter the existing login details on the app and start controlling the whole Wi-Fi system with a single click from a smartphone.
Steps for connecting the wireless printer to the Linksys Velop
You have the option to connect the wireless printer to the Velop system for easy printing from anywhere at home. We are now going to discuss the steps for connecting the wireless printer to the Linksys Velop system through Linksys app.
- You must ensure that the pre-requisites for starting the setup are with you.
- The wireless printer must support WPA/WPA2 network encryption standard.
- Linksys Velop should be turned on.
- Linksys Connect app must be installed on the computer.
- The distance between the printer and the Velop should not exceed 5 feet.
- All the drivers and software related to the printer should be installed on the computer.
- Open ‘Start’ menu and click on ‘All programs’. From here, select ‘Linksys connect’.
- From the home screen of Linksys connect app, open ‘Computers and devices’.
- Now from ‘connected printer screen’, select your wireless printer.
- After step 9, you will find ‘Wireless connecting screen’ which will display Network name, Network key and security type of Linksys Velop router. It is recommended to note down the configurations on the plain paper for future reference.
- Open ‘Printer’ you have just added and start entering the required settings on the Linksys router in relation to it. Now, make use of those credentials which you have noted earlier.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- You will find ‘Successfully connected’ message on the screen. This means your Velop router is now connected to the wireless printer.
- Tap ‘Finish’ after entering the name of a wireless printer.
If you find that the wireless printer is still not connected to the Linksys router, then check the settings you have configured so far on the router and get them verified from the experts. If you notice some problem with the settings which are configured on the printer, you can contact printer manufacturers.