Linksys smart wireless routers are configured in bridge mode to serve the below-mentioned purposes.
- If ISP requires it.
- When you want to share the network resources like printer or computer with two routers.
- If you want to use the router as an AP to the existing network.
- If you wish to disable router features in order to get it worked for third party devices.
- Troubleshooting NAT issues. NAT issue is mainly related to the IP address conflict with Linksys routers.
Few features like DHCP, firewall, and NAT of your router will be disabled when you use it in bridge mode.
Pre-requisites for configuring the router in bridge mode
- Linksys Wi-Fi router.
- Two Ethernet cables for connecting the router to the computer and the modem gateway to the internet port of Linksys router.
- Active internet connection with ISP provided modem-gateway.
Follow the steps mentioned below to configure the router in bridge mode.
- Connect the computer to the Linksys router with the help of Ether cable.
- Connect the power adapter to the electrical socket and to the router.
Important: Wait for the power light of the router to become solid green before moving to the next step.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of it in the address bar. Click ‘Enter’. The default IP address of router is 192.168.1.1.
- Enter the admin password and username in the login field.
- If the password is changed, enter the new password instead. If you have forgotten the password, tap ‘How to recover password’.
- Tap connectivity.
- Click ‘Internet settings’ and select ‘Edit’.
- Open the drop-down menu and click on ‘Connection’.
- Select ‘Bridge mode’ under connection type.
- Set IP address configurations on your router.
- Obtain IPv4 automatically: Select this option if you want to receive all the IP address details of your modem-router gateway automatically for a smart wireless router.
- Define IPv4 address: This is to specify a particular IP address to the router. Click on ‘Internet IPv4 address, subnet, and default gateway and DNS entries. All this information can be fetched from the internet service provider.
- Click ‘Save’ to apply changes.
- From the warning screen, click ‘Yes’.
- Your router is now configured in bridge mode.
- Connect the router-modem gateway to the IP of the Linksys router.
After the internet gets detected by the router, you will find the internet restored promptly. Tap ‘Yes’.
Important: If you find a problem in getting the internet access on the Linksys router even after connecting to the modem-router gateway, then restart the router after 30 seconds and check if the problem is resolved or not.
You will find the Linksys login page on the screen where you will be asked to enter the details of your Linksys cloud account. In the username field, enter email address and password in the next field. Click to login and start securing the network. For more information click at Linksys Velop Login.