Configuring Linksys Velop router in bridge mode will help in aiding the below-mentioned purposes
- It is required by ISP.
- If computers, printers and other resources want to share the same router.
- Using existing router as an AP on the Wi-Fi network.
- Disable router features for third party devices.
- Fixing NAT issues. It is related to the IP address conflicts with the Linksys routers.
Features like NAT, firewall, and DHCP of your Linksys Velop router will get disabled with the bridge mode.
Pre-requisites for configuring the router in bridge mode
- Linksys wireless router.
- Ethernet cable for connecting the computer to the gateway and to the Linksys router internet ports.
- Active internet connection with modem-gateway given by ISP.
Now, we are going to discuss steps for configuring the router in the bridge mode.
- With the help of Ether cable, connect the computer to the Linksys Velop router.
- Connect the power adapter to the router and to the power outlet.
- Launch a web browser and enter IP address in the bar. Tap ‘Enter’ after entering 192.168.1.1 in the address space.
- Enter the admin password and username in the sign-in field.
- If you have recently changed the password and forget it, then click on the ‘Reset password’ option.
- Click ‘Connectivity’.
- Go to ‘Internet settings’ followed by ‘Edit’.
- You will find the drop-down menu appeared on the screen.
- Select ‘Connection type’.
- Choose ‘Bridge mode’.
- Set IP address settings out of the given recommendations:
- Obtain IPv4 automatically: Select this option for receiving the IP address settings automatically for your router.
- Define IPv4: If you want to enter the details of the address manually, then click on this option. You will have to enter details like ‘default gateway, subnet address, DNS entries, and address details. These details are related to the internet service provider.
- Tap to save changes.
- If you find any prompt message on the screen, click ‘Yes’ to continue.
- Your router is now entered into bridge mode.
- Connect router-modem gateway to the IP of Linksys router.
Once the internet connection is detected by the Velop router, you will find the network start working seamlessly.
Note: If you are facing a problem in fetching the internet details on the Linksys velop router, then the best way to get rid of this problem is by restarting the router. To restart, press the reset button from the back or simply disconnect the power supply and turn on the router after some time.
You will be taken to the login page. Enter the ‘Admin’ in the username field and ‘Password’ in the password field. Click ‘login’. Once you log in, you can start accessing the router settings without any problem. For more information click at Linksys Velop Setup.