When it comes to setting up Linksys Velop, you need to check as to how many nodes you would like to connect. In the current setup, you can’t connect more than three nodes to a Velop mesh. In case, you plan to buy more than three nodes, then you will have to create a new network. You will also need an Ethernet port in your modem, router, or switch. After that, you will require the Linksys app, which you can download on your smartphone from Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Beginning with the setup
- Start the setup process by plugging in your Velop nodes.
- Connect network and power cables on the device and you will see the light on the node turning blue.
- As the node boots, install the Linksys app on your smartphone.
- As the app installs, open it and tap the ‘Launch setup’ button. The app will search for its first node.
- As the node light turns purple, the app is going to locate the device.
- Tap ‘Next’ and you will be asked to create an account that you will have to associate with your mesh network.
- Now, you will have to name your wireless network and create a password. Make sure to generate a strong password comprising of alphabets in small and capital letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Give that node a name, which should be based on its location. If the default options don’t suit, then, tap ‘name it something else’ and add a unique name to the node.
- With that, your node is setup.
- If you wish to add another node, plug it into the power, tap ‘Add Another Node’, and go through the setup wizard. This time, Velop will do all the things, and you just need to let it know when the light on the node turns purple. You will also have to give the node a name.
- All the configuration related information would be transferred by the primary Velop to the 2nd and 3rd nodes.
How to configure DNS settings of Linksys Velop System?
If you want to configure the Domain Name System (DNS) settings on the Local Network Settings of Linksys Velop Network, then there are a few steps, which you will have to perform. Find out what those steps are in the following section:
- On your smartphone, launch the Linksys Velop app and log into the Velop dashboard.
- Now, tap ‘Navigation Menu’.
- Go to ‘Advanced Settings’ followed by tapping ‘Local Network Settings’.
- Scroll down to the DNS settings section followed by tapping on the icon.
- Now, you will have to select the option named ‘Manual’ after which, you will have to enter your DNS Settings.
- With that, the process is complete, tap ‘Save’ to come out of the settings.
Should you come across any problem while setting up Linksys Velop or configuring DNS settings, always keep in mind, experts are there to assist you regarding all the problems befalling Linksys Velop. Just get in touch with them for comprehensive assistance.
Contact us for more information Linksys Smart Wifi Login