Linksys Wi-Fi routers have the capacity to connect automatically to the network and check if there is any issue in the network connectivity. If you are going to open the web-based setup page without an active network, then you will certainly get an error message or prompts on screen. These messages or issues can be easily fixed through the below-mentioned steps.
- Unstable internet connection: In case, the router doesn’t identify the available network connection, you will get an ‘Internet connection down’ message on screen. To get rid of this problem, you can try connecting the router to the modem directly through Ethernet and check if the problem is resolved or not.
- Router, not setup: Clicking ‘Continue’ button again and again even after several prompts may result in ‘Router not setup’ error message on screen. Fix this problem by opening router setup page and checkmark the link ‘I understand that router is open and not secured’, configure through Wi-Fi smart account.
- Account suspended: The account of your Linksys smart Wi-Fi router will be suspended if you login with the wrong password more than 3 times or the server is not available. Wait for some time.
- Unexpected error 2123: If you are getting this error code, you will have to reset the router. The process of hard resetting the router is given on the Linksys Velop website.
- Error 2112: If you are accessing the cloud account from Linksys Velop setup you will get error 2112 due to changed configurations which are not at all supported by the wireless devices. For instance, entering the wrong Mac address in the filtering section may yield error 2112. This error can be resolved using a hard reset function.
- Error 2118: This error is directly related to IPv6 which is linked to the network. To get rid of this, go to ‘Account settings’ and click on ‘Connectivity’. Form here, go to ‘Internet settings’ followed by ‘IPv6’.
- Error 2178: This error encounters if you have connected more than one device with the same IP address and name. To get rid of this error, click on ‘Devices’ followed by turning off the devices one by one and turning them on again. If you are still facing the error message, then go to cloud account from the web browser and rename all the devices from there. We recommend you not to connect more than 2 devices simultaneously to the router, otherwise there are chances of getting error 2178 on-screen. For instructions related to ‘Linksys cloud account’ click ‘help’ link
- For more information about Linksys Velop Setup and for Linksys Velop Login you can visit Linksys official websites’s link https://www.linksys.com/us/velop/