IP address range error is related to the Linksys Velop router. If you are coming across this error, then you are certainly not being able to access the internet through it and we can understand the level of disappointment you have with this problem. There is nothing to worry about, we have bought a simple guide for you after reading which you can easily get rid of the problem.
More than 50% of Linksys Velop router users are getting this problem and they want a quick resolution to it as they find it difficult to access their emails and other important websites from a business point of view.
The steps are given here as under:
Check the firmware version and upgrade
- The version of the firmware installed in the router can be checked through the router interface page. Go to the interface page by entering the default login details of your router. You can check the details from the sticker pasted at the bottom.
- Enter username and password and submit it online.
- Click ‘Connectivity’.
- Open ‘Basic tab’ and click on ‘Locate Firmware update’.
- Check the current firmware version installed on the router.
How to upgrade?
- After checking the current version of firmware installed, if any update is available for download, then download it.
- Enter the model number of your Linksys Velop Setup and check the latest version available.
- Enter login details to authenticate the router on the server.
- Click on the ‘Firmware Update’ section and click ‘Update’.
- After the files get downloaded, you can open it from the ‘Download’ folder.
- Click the ‘Start’ button given in the Linksys Velop software and press ‘Yes’.
- After the installation process gets completed, restart the computer and try connecting the router to the internet now.
Change the IP address of your router
- Open the router web-interface through the cloud account.
- Click ‘Connectivity’ followed by ‘Local network’.
- From here, click on ‘Router details’ and start editing the IP address.
- Enter the IP address you want to enter after confirming it online.
- Open ‘DHCP server’ details and change the ‘Start IP address to the IP range’.
- Click ‘Apply’ given at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap ‘OK’ if any pop-up appears on the top.
- Turn off the router and wait for few seconds.
After applying the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to get rid of the IP range error problem from the Linksys Velop router. If you are satisfied with the solution provided, don’t forget to share your experience with us through the comments section.